Looking for an Awesome Parenting or Childbirth Class?
Who Are These Classes For?
As a non-profit organization, we provide these classes as a free community service to teen, single, and married mothers who are facing unexpected pregnancies. If you are taking a birth and baby preparation class, it’s best to register for one that ends at least THREE weeks before your due date. That way you won’t miss the last birth preparation classes if your baby is born early. Don’t delay registering! We open registration for our classes two months before the class start date, and they fill quickly.
Class Descriptions and Information
Expecting Your Miracle 7 Week Class Series
How would you like to feel more confident and prepared for the birth of your child? Are you and your partner nervous for the big event? This seven week series has you covered!
- How your body and baby work together during labor and birth.
- The stages and phases of labor.
- Recognizing the signs of labor.
- Effective labor support.
- Labor coping skills and comfort techniques.
- Pushing skills and strategies.
- Patient rights and decision making skills.
- Possible variations of labor and birth.
- Choices in pain relief.
- Birth interventions and hospital procedures.
- Labor induction and cesarean birth.
What about after the baby is born? Would you and your partner like a heads-up on what to expect from your newborn, recovery and breastfeeding? We’ve got that covered, too.
- Normal newborn appearance.
- Bonding with your baby.
- Basics of baby care and baby safety.
- Infant sleep.
- How breastfeeding helps mom and baby.
- Preparing for breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding challenges and solutions.
- How breastfeeding fits in your lifestyle.
- Physical and emotional recovery from birth.
- Postpartum survival tips: finding help and support.
- Fathers and their vital role as parent and partner.
- Calming and soothing your baby.
The Savvy Birth Workshop: An Evidence Based Birth® Class
Do you feel heard and respected by your care provider? Do you feel confident in your ability to advocate for yourself or your family? This 3.5 hour workshop helps you get the evidence based care you deserve.
- What is evidence based care and how to get it.
- Finding the right provider and birth setting for your goals.
- Communicating with your care team.
- Patient rights and informed decision making.
Love & Logic Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun!™ 5 Week Class Series
Are you intimidated by parenting? Do you have a confusing list of what you do and don’t want to do when raising your little one? We can help get your parenting off to a good start with the five week parenting class series.
- Let your toddlers know that whining and arguing does not pay.
- Avoid public tantrums.
- Smooth out mornings and bedtimes.
- Calm sibling bickering and battling.
- Take the battle out of mealtimes, tooth brushing, bathing, etc.
- Make potty training fun.
- Teach respect, responsibility, and self-discipline.
Class Calendar and Registration
Expecting Your Miracle
- Thursdays, 6:30-8:30pm: June 15, 22, 29 & July 6, 13, 20, 27 FULL
- Mondays, 7-9pm: July 17, 24, 31 & Aug 7, 14, 21, 28 Register Online
- Mondays, 7-9pm: Oct 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 & Nov 6, 13 Register Online
- Expecting Your Miracle for TEENS
(Specifically designed for teen parents)
- Check back for our Fall dates
Love & Logic Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun!™
- Tuesdays, 7-9pm: June 6, 13, 20, 27 & July 11 Register Online
Becoming a Family Workshop: Realistic Expectations
- Wednesday, July 5: 6:30-8:30pm
The Savvy Birth Workshop: An Evidence Based Birth Class
- Saturday, June 3: 10:00am-12:30pm